Tools of the trade: Zendesk vs Intercom
Intercom’s dashboards may not be as aesthetically pleasing as Zendesk’s, but they still allow users to navigate their tools with few distractions. Easily find customer profiles to ensure you’re providing them with the best possible service every single time. Sure, Intercom allows you to create articles and deliver a bot that answers customer questions with specific articles and resolves issues faster. In terms of pricing, Intercom is considered one of the hardest on your pocket.
- For instance, Intercom can guide a new software user through each feature step by step, providing context and assistance along the way.
- Intercom also offers a suite of tools for customer support, including a knowledge base, a help center, and a community forum.
- Its live chat tool has a lot to offer as well, from automation and canned responses to chat transfers and personalization.
- On the other hand, Intercom shines in its focus on conversational engagement and real-time communication with customers.
When we compare Intercom and Zendesk, we realize that both the tools are quite expensive and may not be the right option for startups or small businesses, or for that matter, any business on a budget. Moreover, you can tailor your content to different audiences such as visitors or paid customers. Customization options for color, logo, header, domain, etc. can also come in handy. With the Intercom Messenger widget on every article, your customers can instantly connect with an agent if they need further help. However, with Zendesk, agents can gain relevant context by viewing a customer’s profile and past interactions. Moreover, features such as typing indicators, delivery events, and rich message types like emojis, GIFs, etc. can give life to any conversation.
Built-in call center support, SLA management, audit logs, and success managers are all available with LiveAgent’s tool. Because it offers so many different options, this is a great Intercom alternative for large and enterprise companies who need sales and service solutions at scale. These HubSpot alternatives for customer support, sales, and marketing teams will help you streamline your work and save time and money. Help Scout’s shared inbox makes it easy to collaborate on customer support issues and ensures the customer experience is seamless from all sides. If you’ve been an Intercom user who’s unhappy with the features surrounding customer support, Help Scout is the perfect alternative for your team.
- But to provide a more robust customer experience, businesses may need to consider integrating Intercom’s AI tool with a third-party customer service platform, as it falls short of a full-stack offering.
- Sign up for a trial through a salesperson and then ask if it is possible to get in the class for less money.
- If you’d want to test Intercom vs Zendesk before deciding on a tool for good, they both provide free trials for 14 days.
- The best way, however, to maximize their potential is through Intercom Zendesk integrations on Appy Pie Connect.
- Intercom’s pricing typically includes different plans designed to accommodate businesses of various sizes and needs.
When choosing between Zendesk and Intercom for your customer support needs, it’s essential to consider various factors that align with your business goals, operational requirements, and budget. Both platforms offer distinct strengths, catering to customer support and engagement aspects. As you dive deeper into the world of customer support and engagement, you’ll discover that Zendesk and Intercom offer some distinctive features that set them apart.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
According to its website, Drift’s main goal is revenue acceleration. With Drift, your live chat isn’t limited to support, making this your tool of choice if flexibility is something you’re looking for. LiveChat offers features for businesses looking for help with support, sales, and marketing, making it a similar tool to Intercom — but for a fraction of the cost. Access a shared workspace, a shared inbox that can track SMS, calls and email, knowledge base management, automation, reporting, and more with Zendesk.
Their chat widget looks and works great, and they invest a lot of effort to make it a modern, convenient customer communication tool. Zendesk also has an Answer Bot, which instantly takes your knowledge base game to the next level. It can automatically suggest relevant articles for agents during business hours to share with clients, reducing your support agents’ workload. The Zendesk chat tool has most of the necessary features like shortcuts (saved responses), automated triggers, and live chat analytics.
Premiere Zendesk plans have 24/7 proactive support with faster response times. Other customer service add-ons with Zendesk include custom training and professional services. Intercom stands out here due to its ability to tailor sales workflows. You can also set up interactive product tours to highlight new features in-product and explain how they work.
Read more about https://www.metadialog.com/ here.